Hello!

Welcome to my blog for EDCI 338! My name is Jasmine (she/her pronouns) and I am fourth-year student at UVic majoring in Political Science. This is my last semester of my undergrad, which is hard to believe. My last year of studies has looked very different than what I imagined, which I imagine is the case for everyone! In my school and work, I am passionate about progressive politics and its intersections with gender and racial equity. I hope to be part of the generation that works to eliminate oppressive systems to tackle pressing issues like the climate crisis.

I was born and raised in Kelowna, BC, and am 22 years old. I have a younger sister who is 16, and my parents recently adopted a border collie named Charlie (pictured below).

A fun fact about me is that I work and live on residence as a Community Leader! This means I act as a peer mentor for first-year students on residence. This year has been especially challenging and interesting due to the pandemic.

I strongly identify with my zodiac sign, which is Capricorn, and I love all things astrology. I’m also a vegetarian. Can’t wait to get to know everyone this semester!